Monday, October 13, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Someone keeps mentioning Maria, who was our maid when I was in the 10th grade. She was a nice person although a bit simple-minded and had a lot of personal problems such as being a single mother with two children. I mentioned to Susie that Maria was better at cooking than cleaning, parroting something that my mother said, and I have yet to hear the end of that. Maria might have mentioned working at other houses in town but I really don't remember the details of that. I wasn't paying that much attention to what our maids were doing in their spare time. Besides, my mother was the supervisor of them. Anyway, I thought that I was nice enough to Maria and our other maids at the time. Not to be mean or anything but the maids really have no place to come back later and make claims of that sort. They were paid quite well and got other benefits in working for American families so I am not aware of any problem existing on this point.