Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Which Reminds Me

During high school, maybe during 10th grade, a group of high school seniors clad in strange costumes were hit by water balloons as they walked along the first floor corridor. If I had been on the second floor I probably would not have seen that, but I was downstairs, walking a few feet behind them. I did not get wet but I do have a vivid memory of seeing the water balloon splattering them. Ha ha ha! Anyway, it was not like the Class of '74 did not deserve to get hit on some level, in my opinion, so there was no reason to comment further. This was Senior Slave Day and the seniors interpreted slavery by arriving dressed in unusual costumes, many of the men dressed as women, the women in pajamas and housecoats. Several outrageous yearbook yet commemorate the day. I was only a tenth grader at the time so I did not have to do that. So outrageous, in fact, were the antics of the Class of '74 that slavery was abolished later, so that by the time that I was a senior it was a huge relief not to have to do that. We just had game day and lots of relay races and sports events. Of course, Dawn Saword did not return after 10th grade so she might not remember that slavery has been abolished. Do I really need to explain this to that clueless pack of Canadian idiot Andersons? Where have they been these last 150 years? Well, Dawn might have been too busy yapping about the mean pranks she and her brother played on Miss Nafsker to notice that nobody was impressed with those outrageous antics. I remember my little sister saying that my class was so outrageous, but she never saw what came before us so she really does not know what worse means.