Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Which Reminds Me

It is true that my great-great-grandfather might have been a French Canadian man of whom nothing is known. There are a handful of photos circulating and a couple of mysterious stories about him but my great-grandmother's mother died when she was a young child and she was raised in Pennsylvania by her Smith aunts and uncles and cousins so her father did not play much of a role in her life, only appeared once when she was 10 years old to visit and then I see from genealogical research that he may have died in 1895 so she was already an orphan when she was married in 1899 or 1900. I have 16 great-grandparents so the French ethnicity is not predominant in our family as compared to Scottish, Irish, Welsh, English, etc. And besides which, I never met the Smiths and I never had any knowledge of their mental problems. Just because Maria Smith was a high school classmate, that does not mean that she was ever even slightly friendly to me in college. She was quite nasty person actually in high school. I really didn't like her attitude. Of course, there are those cousins who are married to the French so that does complicate matters a bit, and then there are those who are married to Germans and whatever else. So whatever. So if someone upstairs in the creepy wicked Smith attic has decided that I should marry some pathetically stupid Cuban man to spread the genetic picture they will just have to be disappointed because that was not my plan. Since when do these horribly wicked Smith people get to decide who I am going to marry based on someone else's stupid racial quotas? How utterly insulting. It is just never going to happen. Sorry.