Sunday, July 10, 2016

Which Reminds Me

One day during college, in the cafeteria I was approached by Sergio from Argentina, Jeff's friend, who was very chatty and friendly for several minutes and then was talking about how he needed a car to drive to somewhere, maybe downtown Los Angeles, to take care of some paperwork of his, and can he borrow my car. Sorry but I don't have a car to loan you, I told him. Sergio's attitude changed completely and suddenly he was disdainful of this poor wretched girl who has no car. And then he departed. And I just shrugged that off because, anyway, sometimes these pompous arrogant foreigners have such attitudes. I sort of understand that but I sort of also think that sometimes they expect too much. He didn't care about me. He only wanted to know what I could do for him.