Monday, July 18, 2016

Which Reminds Me

During college I remember Lynda Botsford, who was originally from Kansas, talking about how she really enjoyed attending a black gospel choir festival in downtown L.A. where the singing is very very loud. I didn't go with her to that. I only remember her talking about having gone there with her church. She flatters herself on having some insider track on the black gospel choir scene of L.A. but I don't understand. That is really not my style of music. I like some of it but it can get monotonous after a while listening to that, like anyting. Our churches are stuck in a time warp at least for now. Eventually something will change but for now that's all they have, just the loud and screaming black choir thing. Nobody can really sing along to that. It's a show. So we can just watch and listen or go and find some other white church that has a more old-fashioned type of music maybe if you can find one to suit you. I don't know. For me, I'm too old now to care. It just doesn't matter anymore. I'm just never going to do that again.