Sunday, May 22, 2011

Depression

Yes, I may be depressed at times but one thing to never ever do would be to write a letter to the newspaper seeking advice from that columnist in El Salvador. Her name was Maria and it was she who answered the "Cartas a Maria." Those poor people certainly do have a lot of problems but the answers were not that great either. Sometimes the answers were so bad they were funny as in laughable. I am not sure that any newspaper column could solve such serious problems. It is quite possible that there really was no Maria. No last name was ever given. Perhaps it was just a team of people who took turns answering the letters. Some answers were better than others for sure. But still (and I am not referring even obliquely to any moonshine still but rather to the fact that your weak and feeble arguments are not even remotely persuasive and my well-thought-out and well-supported opinion remains unchanged and unmoved as ever), also sometimes the answers were funnier than the problems, not that I can recall any specifics now. It was just the impression I got from reading the newspaper a few times in high school but that was a long time ago and I no longer remember anything about that nor do I care to revisit the subject of Maria.