Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Picking A Fight?

Yes, that was not very nice of La Cruz to try to pick a fight with me, as if I ever thought much about her. It was actually Margot from Panama who had a fight with La Cruz in maybe ninth grade. I did not know either of them at the time and never discussed the issues with them. I do not now anything about that or why Margot was upset with La Cruz. I did once go to Margot's house to work on a homework project but I now live in the United States so neither one of them are part of my life now. Just because your last name is Cruz, that does not mean that you understand the true meaning of the cross or are even a real Christian. Anyway, it is not wise to think very much about high school issues after graduation. That is all over now and those people will never be part of my life again except maybe at high school reunions and that kind of thing if I ever go there again. I actually never think about high school very much because I never did fit in that world. When you live temporarily in another country you have to be always willing to let go of things and set down new roots somewhere else because we are only pilgrims in this world. We are only just passing through.

Yes, we cannot have these Banana Republic people arriving on the shores of the United States thinking that they can reassemble the terms of their cozy little military dictatorship in our country. We are the ones who should be setting the example for these ignorant Banana Republic people who have not learned how to live in a democracy. We cannot have all these Spanish people arriving here thinking that they are going to reclaim Texas land for the King of Spain. That is not what the United States is about. Here in our country we are ruled by law and order, not by vague claims of royalties.

A deed is a deed is a deed.