Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Housekeepers' Underground

Thanks very much but I am not interested in being plugged into the Latin maid/housekeeper underground of Southern California. Yes, I suppose that these maids probably are up-to-date on the celebrity gossip grapevine long before regular white folks like me have heard even a hint of it. Nevertheless, I really do not care if I am not up to the minute on what is going on behind the scenes at Cher's house or Maria's house or whatever. Those poor little rich girls who live in deluxe mansions have a lot more problems than I do, that's for sure. However, I cannot be cluttering my mind with all their problems. What is on TV or in the occasional newspaper or magazine is a lot more than I care to know to start with so I don't think that I want to ever hear again from Stacy, a Latinaish New Yorker who formerly worked as a housekeeper before marrying her hillbilly lowlife husband from North Carolina. Cleaning fluids are abundantly stocked on grocery store shelves if I ever need that so no reason for this garrulous discussion. Yes, I suppose that work as a maid would qualify me well for wife and mother to a low-class moonshine bootlegging bum who wants me to do all the housekeeping chores and raise the kids and fetch the viddles and shoo the hogs away from his shack-home while he is busy cooking up some "dough" on the old gadget. Nevertheless, that is just not who I am. Sorry.