Sunday, May 8, 2011

No Connection

There is absolutely no connection whatever between us and Nora Lam. I don't know anything about that. I do remember hearing that some people were saying that her books were not exactly accurate, that Nora had distorted her life's story to some degree. She might have come out of Shanghai but she was not even born yet when my grandparents were there in the 1910s and 1920s so I don't see any connection at all to us. Sue Olen said something about the controversy of Nora Lam's "China Cry" book but I never read it so cannot comment intelligently. There would be no connection between my high school assignments and Nora Lam. Maybe I should read that stuff but have not really thought much about it. Sometimes when I hear bad reports about these high profile people I don't think about it very much. It is not my job to figure out whether Nora was right or wrong. It does not matter in the least to me. I do think that ultimately the truth will prevail. Even if Nora was wrong on some points, that does not discredit Christianity generally speaking. Sometimes we do get off on tangents and certain people get away with much more than they should and are careless in their personal lives. Still, the gospel which is the good news of Christ is a story about how God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever might believe on him would not perish but have everlasting life. This is true always regardless of the messes that some individual people might make.