Saturday, May 25, 2013

Barth Clues

Among the prominent Barth names floating around in the public domain, two names have recently been brought to our attention:
1. Joseph Barth, the Maltese oculist (1746-1818) who practiced eye surgery at hospitals in Malta and Rome.
2. Christian Gottlob Barth (1799-1862), a German pastor who was a lifelong bachelor and ministered at Effingen, in the Black Forest, and other parts of Germany and is known for the Bible story book that he wrote and other ministry activities.

I seriously doubt that I am directly related to either one of these people.

In fact, my great-great-great-grandfather Henry Barth was born 1796 in Saxony, which is a province of Germany, and immigrated to America in 1850 at the age of 53. There is no other information available to me on this person other than that which is available to everyone in the public records of Ancestry.com and I only found this in the last few years. Before that I really had no idea. As to which village of Saxony our Barth relatives came from the record is not clear. One source says Baden but most sources say Saxony.

Ok, that's nice. We have many roots in Europe. There is just not enough time to review all of my 32 great-great-great-grandparents, and then there would be the 64 great-great-great-great-grandparents and the 128 greatX5grandparents and the 256 greatX6grandparents, some of whose names may be lost to history.

I don't have time for this. I need a job and paycheck, obviously. I shouldn't have to explain this. Go away and leave me alone.

Anyway I have always been a loyal U.S. citizen, unlike Nazi trash Linda Crawley. Those vile Canadian wharf rats have a lot of explaining to do.