Friday, May 10, 2013

Which Reminds Me

Years ago when we lived in El Salvador the only place to play miniature golf was at the Intercontinental Hotel. Our family might have gone there two or three times to play miniature golf but that is very dim in my mind. Maybe I did see high school classmates there at the time but my mind draws a blank on that point. If one of them had said hello to me, now that would have been something to remember, but I do not recall them having acknowledged my existence on the planet at the time and thus it probably would have seemed wiser to me to say nothing and leave them to do their thing. After all, their appearance when viewed on campus during the ninth grade was as like unto druggies out of Woodstock. I am not accusing anyone of drugs. It would not be right for me to say that anything about drugs. I am just saying their appearance in my eyes resembled that of hippies right off a commune doing their own thing, which after all was the '70s mantra. At the time I considered myself too conservative to associate with that sort of radical element. I did not even own a pair of jeans until much later. Probably I was a little too square at the time for my own good but that is how it was in the ninth grade.