Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Which Reminds Me

During the year that we were on furlough in 1970 I recall that my Dad got permission to use a song track that was used by a professional singer on his album. My Dad sang this song at our itinerary services. I think it was called "Millions Dying" and it was talking about the millions of people who are dying without Christ while we minions squabble about nothing much. I recall us visiting the Yeary's church in Fullerton and my Dad had the song track and was explaining about how he got permission to use it and so on and I don't know if I am imagining this or if I really do recall that Max Yeary was making some snarky jokes about the track and about my Dad only being an imitator of the professional singer, and how melodramatic the song sounded to him, all that exaggerated bellowing about millions of people dying without Christ when obviously God does not need us to help him, or at least that was Max's opinion. Yes, and like Max's sermons are not full of bits and pieces gleaned from the Professional Preacher's Encyclopedia of Sermon Anecdotes? Yes, I tend to think so.