Thursday, May 16, 2013

Which Reminds Me

I recently read somewhere online that the Getty Museum has purchased Dr. Yoakum's old campground in the mountains north of L.A. I do not see how that would affect me and my life in any way. I have no idea what plans the Getty might have for that supposedly haunted place formerly owned by a character who had no connection whatever to me and my family that I know of. I suppose that it could be interesting to visit yet another historical museum even though they already have a huge museum complex already in the L.A. area.

The article about Dr. Yoakum tells the story of a certain working man who came to the free store asking for a certain set of clothing and donating a 20-dollar gold piece. The doctor urged him to accept a more shabby set of working clothes saying that these were more fitting for him. What the working man did not know was that the doctor had placed the gold piece in the pocked of the clothing he was given so that when he got home he would find his money returned to his pocket. The doctor explained to Boddy, the narrator, that the money is always returned to the customer if they make a fuss about the cost.