Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So Maybe I Get It

So when we visited Roseann Murphy's apartment for the party she had for the girls in the MK school where she was the teacher. The next morning there was a black cat stranded outside her window. After the kitten was retrieved for some reason arrangements were made for my sister and I to take it home with us. We named it Spooky or Midnight, something like that, but when we went home on furlough its possession was taken by the maid Betty who moved home to Santa Ana. I don't know how I somehow imagine that Carmen thinks that was her black cat we stole after it got stranded on the terrace. I don't remember it that way. I don't remember Carmen being there at all but then again I was only there that one time and I don't quite remember who Roseanne was living with at the time or who lived next door or whatever. Miss Murphy never said anything to us about them. If that was Carmen's cat she should have said something in the first place. There are many cats and dogs all over the place there and without a leash and collar to explain its ownership it often happens that cats and dogs disappear. Our dog Muñeca disappeared, but that was another story for another time. Anyway, I personally am not interested in having a dog named Carmen pooping all over the furniture.