Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Speaking of Military

Yes, I am being reminded of Jim Linzey, who within a few weeks of arriving on campus at SCC cooked his own goose. In conversation with some girl whose name I do not remember, he casually used a certain word. His name was soon smeared in many social circles although I myself had not yet heard the story in probably October or November when he asked me to attend the Christmas banquet with him. Not long after I said yes I was informed by Dauna Kammerer that he had asked her first and also several other girls who had all had the good sense to turn him down. Myself not knowing this now felt stupid for saying yes, especially as I was never really that interested in Jim. But since I could not politely then recant myself I went ahead and did go to the banquet with him. So anyway I think that I said at the time thanks for the nice time. I heard later that he was trashing me all over the place but, anyway, I really have nothing else to say about Jim. It was not I who was trashing him in the first place. You would have to ask Dauna for the full details on that story. I vaguely remember her talking about that but I had completely forgotten about Jim. After all, I was not involved in that initial altercation anyway with what's-her-name so nobody should be expecting me to reward them for dragging me into something that I do not recall and did not involve me in the first place.