Friday, September 11, 2015

Which Reminds Me

The paperwork requirements of U.S. citizenship do not necessarily require a registration for candidacy to the presidency of the United States. Not everyone wants to be bothered with the requirements of seeking the nation's highest public office, how you have to pander to every special interest while at the same time pretending to support the people's interests at every turn and kiss every baby and shake every hand, etc. etc. I can see why many people would not want to be bothered with such burdensome thoughts. For example, there is my co-worker Brenda Wilks from North Carolina. With such a surname as that, wouldn't everyone be wondering if that was her distant cousin who shot President Lincoln? What a nightmare. But I digress. I never really thought of running for president. If motherhood were dependent on a vow to raise presidential candidates, I would think that you are talking about Barbara, not me. Because certainly you could not have been talking about me.