Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Which Reminds Me

I noticed online some talk of a possible link between the Calkins and Davenport lines. I don't know what that means. Certainly there was never any mention of that on our side of the family. I don't consider the Davenports my real-life cousins, and even if they were, the title of "cousin" is not so dear to me that I would not drop all my cousins, real or fake, in a flash if I had to choose between their insignificant feelings and opinions and my personal relationship with Christ. Not to sound mean or anything, but I like to follow the example of Christ in this regard, who said that all those who do my father's will are my brothers and sisters and cousins. So I am too busy with important matters to spend any time wrestling in the deep with the trashy dogs of Oh, R You? Matthew 12:46-50: "While He was still speaking to the crowds, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. Someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You." But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."