Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Which Reminds Me

As I said, Beverly's in-laws are not my in-laws. But saying so does not constitute me a clone of Ann Kraiss, who was one of Larry Kraiss' cousins who attended our college for one year. They roomed together, living down the hall on the 7th floor. Beverly and Ann did not return after one year so they only remember one year's worth of stuff, not really anything that came after or what became of everybody later. Beverly and Ann perhaps continue to obsess on events of that year and persons long forgotten. After one year, Beverly and Ann returned to Illinois, the Chicago area perhaps, and did not return. I really don't remember very much about them. As I said, they were gone after one year so there is not much to say about them. Yes, I can sort of imagine that someone might say that Ann sort of resembled a witch with her dyed jet-black hair and penciled black eyebrows. Or maybe not. I really don't remember them anymore. Amazing how a supposedly high-class college president could have such trashy low-class cousins, someone is trying to say. Ummm, no comment. As I said, I really don't remember much about them. And this amazing obsession on the subject of Barbara Kraiss, a rather prickly person who was getting her college degree in the same college of which her husband was president, her son also her college classmate, thus we don't want to run afoul of her accidentally because she can go right to the top to make our lives miserable, even if they don't have their paperwork in order. I never thought of the Kraiss family as personal friends of mine, just VIPs of the college variety.