Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Oh, ha ha ha! Since when do we ever think about, much less discuss, the internal affairs of some monarchical pretenders to the French throne? You must have mistaken me for some French Royalist. We here in the U.S. do not have monarchs, but of course we are not going to tell the French or the Spanish or the Italians what to do with their aristocracies. They certainly do love their glossy Royalist magazines full of photos of every detail of the lives of those European aristocrats and celebrities. You have your right to choose to have a king as also we have our right to live where checks and balances do the job of government. I never had much interest in learning more about that. I am so far down the ladder from any monarchical interest I wouldn't even want to have to draw even more attention to my utter lack of royal line worthiness. Europe is supposed to stay in its own Royalist bubble and leave the rest of us in America to our own independent lifestyles, but I digress.