Monday, December 28, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Anyway, I never asked you to define for me the concept of mountain peaks, that I should be required to apologize for something that I did not say or even think of at the time. Why should I think to ask you the meaning of some basic vocabulary word that really did not seem all that complicated at the time? The context of mountain landscapes clearly indicated my meaning, which dumps stupid Max in some other bucket, which explains why the whole thing was "fixed" to save Max's face at my expense, because he is male and I am not. But even so I won't need Max and his attitude problem for anything. Anyway, it was only later that we learned that some regional expressions can be more politically loaded than we had imagined. So maybe I should just try to never to say anything in any language, thus avoiding all potential complications in future but also losing my voice as an individual, if pretty much anything I might try to say can go so wrong and will be taken wrong anyway even if no such intention was present. So much power is in the tongue, as James of the New Testament says. So this solution of not saying anything and letting them trample me underfoot for no particular reason other than their own selfish pomposity really does not work for me. But I do not see any way to fix that discrepancy in the ordinary course of events. There is no mechanism and/or money available to fix this problem.