Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Why don't you just ask Katherine why she thinks that her Sicilian identity has Persian roots? I really wouldn't know anything about that. I might have overheard something to that effect, about how she has a common bond with the Persians amongst us for that reason. But I really wouldn't know anything about the Persian-Italian connection and why they call themselves the "Aryans." I only remember the story of the Three Wise Men from the Bible, how some actually indefinite number of wise men from the East followed a newly appeared star and arrived at Jerusalem and finally Bethlehem. There are various theories about these wise men and where they came from. Some theorize that they were from Persia and schooled in the mysteries of Zoroastrianism but that is only one of many theories. I really would not know very much about that.