Thursday, December 3, 2015

Which Reminds Me

During the first semester of ninth grade I began to notice that some of the people in our classroom were uttering strange words unknown to me and which seemed to lack any context with which to guess at their meaning. Sometimes several of these mysterious words would be strung together in a nonsensical way. Yes, I probably should have not said anything and just quietly searched the Spanish dictionary where I certainly would have found them, as I learned later. However, at the time I had not imagined that. So I asked someone in the classroom what a certain couple of words meant and the answers were rather shocking to me. Ok, so I learned early not to ask any questions and to say nothing more on that subject to anyone else because they will do something weird with twisting that around and attaching that to something else of which I am not quite sure what. Anyway, I am really am not interested in discussing this subject further. Even so, the Portuguese excuse will not work for you. I am just saying. You just don't have that many languages in your bilingual skill set.