Monday, February 1, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, how many times do I have to again explain that I am not related to Tracy Caulkins, the champion swimmer of Olympic fame? There is no 'u' in my surname, Calkins. Obviously. So I really should not have to explain this point. Again. And again and again and again. This confusion did not arise before Miss Tracy won the Olympic medals but, anyway, it is good that the U.S. was well represented by Miss Caulkins' nautical performance, never mind that she is really not related to me. So I suppose that this name confusion is a small discomfort, only a small price to pay for the glorious success of the U.S. swimming team at the Olympic Games, never mind that I have no connection to that other than a sense of generally shared pride in the Olympic achievements of my own country of birth origin and citizenship. Thank you very much.