Sunday, February 14, 2016

Which Reminds Me

I have always been a loyal citizen of the United States of America so I imagine that my own government will eventually explain to me how I am supposed to pay my rent and expenses whilst all of these people pick my brain apart, as if I could ever control what lies and misunderstandings those foreigners are propagating about me behind my back. We pity the baker of Joseph's dream whose basket of baked goods carried on his head was taken by the birds, meaning that his head will be chopped off, but we here don't carry baskets of cakes and cookies on our heads so that really is not our problem. There seems to be something of a flood here of Michigan people spreading their contagious magazine disease. But I never lived in Michigan so I feel that I should not be required or compelled to shovel their garbage that they have accrued all by themselves without any help from me. This problem has serious implications for me and yet they seem to think it is just a matter of some email jokes. Something is wrong with this picture and I don't have all the pieces so ultimately I cannot solve this all by myself. I am just saying. When this whole thing started I was not even aware of the existence of Marvin, and now that I am, well, Ok, fine, if the government has a job for him someday I suppose that would be nice, but that really has no bearing on me and my life. We don't begrudge him a job, but the rest of us, we don't have our Ph.D. in economics so obviously we weren't expecting anything so grandiose as that for ourselves. We just wanted something practical, obviously. Mom always was right. Practical and common sense is more important than all of this other hifalutin stuff.