Sunday, February 7, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Some people were angry with my grandmother in connection to a question of oil well drilling. My grandmother used to frequently say "I reckon" which is an old-fashioned way of saying "I think." I in my generation tend to say, rather, "I think," looking at the reckoning as a rather old-fashioned way of thinking about something. She reckons therefore she is, but I think therefore I am. My grandparents may have gotten some money from the oil well but it probably wasn't because of anything that they did right on certain points, but because perhaps someone was merciful to them. So that was nice. However, some other people were angry about that, arguing that mercy should not have been bestowed upon my grandparents. Ok, well, fine, if you are so bent on eradicating this concept of mercy, well then, fine, we shall see later when you beg for mercy how that works out in reality because, anyway, I really don't know what their problem is or why I should care. Only God knows the details of that. It is really not up to me. But who's counting?