Monday, February 8, 2016

Which Reminds Me

All of these references to 'Napoleon' have suddenly reminded me that there was a time in El Salvador, Central America, when there was a politician of that name who was running for president of the Republic. I seem to remember that he may have died in exile, not that I was following those events closely at the time although I do remember hearing something about that in the news just like everybody else. Missionary families such as ours do not get involved in the local politics as a general rule so it is hard to see what that has to do with the price of tea in China. If you put a million Encyclopedias in a blender and turn the speed on high it would be hard to predict what would be the result of that but, anyway, if someone thought that would help, I really don't know who that person might have been. I only know that it wouldn't be me.