Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it feels very scary for me to be the target of all these aggressively militaristic Roman Catholics who are desperately trying to resurrect the subjects and symbols of the Protestant Reformation, always at my expense, because it so happens coincidentally that my ancestry is somehow supposedly connected to Sir Thomas More, a Catholic martyr of sorts, although I really did not know that until more recently and still don't quite understand how that could be. Sir Thomas More was a man of his times but he has been dead lo these 550+ years and, well, we cannot rewrite the past. The Tudor events were what they were and I really think that it is pointless to discuss that yet again. And besides, his head and body were buried at separate locations so it would be difficult for us to reconstruct those events or to imagine what was going through his head at the time. I have not studied that part of history in great detail but I suppose that King Henry VIII had his points, too. So just because someone wants to pave the way for a Universal Monarchy, that is not a reason for me to offer my uninformed commentary. You probably are thinking about the prospects of reuniting the Christian Church under Roman domination eventually but I can't tell you how that will happen or why that should matter to me. I might not live that long anyway and it might not affect me that much given that my spiritual life is in order anyway and I only care about getting to heaven. I already know that I have no control in this earthly life, and that the powers-that-be hold me in utter contempt, so the only thing that matters to me is whether or not I get to heaven later, a matter of personal faith. That is what salvation is all about.