Saturday, October 15, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Someone in high school, I don't quite remember who, maybe Kathy or Joan or one of those Italians, was complaining about being regarded as "Top Shelf," which they considered to be an insulting and demeaning thing to say about them. I only overheard them saying this and have no idea what was behind that.

To me, the idea of "Top Shelf" brings to mind thoughts of, maybe, pressure cookers and fancy cake plates and party supplies. A pressure cooker is something that you might not use everyday but you don't want to just throw that away because someday you might need it for something, although you know not what at this moment, so you find some obscure place on the top shelf of a kitchen cabinet to store it so that when the time comes that you need to use it, you can find it.

But you don't look like an inanimate object and/or Mannikin to me, that you should be thinking of shelving and storage options. I just thought you were a human being with blood flowing through your veins just like everybody else in this high school.

So just because I overheard something about "Top Shelf," that is not a reason for you to go to my house and start analyzing all of the objects on the shelf in my bedroom, such as my Spelling Bee trophy, etc. etc. That wouldn't make any sense because I was not the person who said that in the first place. So, basically, that makes you seem really stupid to me, a very dangerous type of stupid. Because, anyway, it wasn't about me at all. So?