Sunday, March 12, 2017

Which Reminds Me

I vaguely remember that during high school I climbed the Boquerón volcano twice, not just once. The first time I was with a group of Campus Crusade people whose names I completely forget. How did it come about that I was invited to participate in that hiking group? I remember almost nothing about that, just that my contact in that event might have moved to the United States shortly afterward so that was the only contact that I ever had with those people, whoever they were. There was a white lady missionary who might have spoken a few words and also some other people might have spoken when we gathered at the summit for a devotional message and also sang some songs. I don't remember, did we sing that song: "Juventud Salvadoreña Jesús te llama a servirle, a servirle con amor (2x), El quiere ser tu ayudador, tu guia fiel es el Señor, adelante juventud Salvadoreña." We often sang that at our Pentecostal church, although you may ask me whether that applies to non-Salvadoran youth, if Jesus only specifically cares about them and not really us. Yes, it is always awkward socializing with these non-AG anti-Pentecostal people. One is hesitant to say very much about that for fear they might break forth into some anti-Pentecostal cursings. So often it is better not to talk about that because some people just don't understand what these binary options are supposed to mean.