Thursday, March 9, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I do seem to remember someone posing premature and ridiculous questions about the job of school teacher which is described in the novel "Christy" by Catharine Marshall, which job was actually filled by her mother, not really Catharine herself, her book being a distillation of stories allegedly told by her mother although rearranged somehow. Truth be told I am not applying for any job position in Appalachia, never mind that some vague politician sent me a rambling monologue recommending that I go there to reform the little urchins of Appalachia, them being such hardheaded and stubborn moonshiners that the government has taken to bulldozing some of the secret mountain places that formerly hid their moonshine stills. Yes, that is probably true, and yet,  truth be told I was never interested in dialoguing on such matters with those backwoods people. Truly I cannot imagine myself being effective in such a noxious environment, especially after all that garbage that was broadcast about blondes being the preferred type of them, an obvious sign of where that came from. They are obviously expecting to expend much energy in the insulting and demeaning and dehumanizing of me, which plan meets with my entire disapproval. I choose to reject the overtures of Appalachia and have no idea of going there to help them insult me more. Go away and stop harassing me. Enough said about that.