Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Oh, I know, how can I judiciously and diplomatically avoid having to explain something about Sam? It wouldn't be very politic for me to say what I actually think about that so I have to dissimulate and pretend to care about Sam because, really, I don't want to be mean. Sam wasn't that bad and may not deserve to be executed or hung on the gallows, but I wasn't even thinking about Sam that much that I should have to spend my entire life talking about Sam. Sam was really not that special to me that I would want to spend my entire life palavering something about Sam. Dr. Seuss' lovely book, "Green Eggs and Ham," has its place in the annals of children's literature but I long ago outgrew the need to reread those famous lines, "Sam, I am." I am actually not Sam and I have left Sam very far behind to eat my dust. Thank you very much.