Thursday, September 7, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I almost forgot. You were saying that you were going to "Baker Act" me. Did I say something about being suicidal? I hope you weren't taking something too seriously. Actually, no, you are not entitled to "Baker Act" me. Coincidentally, the only discussion of the other "Baker Act" that I can recall at the moment is a conversation with Jill Anderson, who was explaining to us the meaning of that in California legal terms. If your psychiatrist thinks that you are suicidal, they are under an obligation to have you arrested and turned over to the authorities for your own protection. Jill's sister is a licensed psycho so she really knows all about these things. So I mainly understand the definition of "Baker Act" because of something that Jill said, not because of myself being suicidal. It is not a criminal offense to be depressed about future prospects. You are only eligible to be "Baker Acted" if you actually try to do that, which I heard of someone who tried to slit their wrists with a razor blade, but failed to die, but that was not me. That was someone else, not me.