Saturday, September 9, 2017

Which Reminds Me

It does seem strangely exaggerated that my my 10th grade book report should become a national crisis. It was just a 10th grade book report, not a political manifesto. I probably just parroted some ideas that were in the book and also threw in a personal observation that probably wasn't all that applicable come to think of it, but when you are in the 10th grade you just want to complete class requirements without so much hassle. Some of the books that I did for 10th grade class were recommended by Miss Marken, such as, for example, Herman Hesse's "Beneath the Wheel." But I cannot remember whether "The Ugly American" was one of her recommendations or if I just found it in the school library and found it to be an interesting to read for some reason, even if of admittedly limited context in retrospect, because I always did read things that some other people would have found completely boring, because I really am too serious, probably, because anyway it was just a 10th grade book report. So?