Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I vaguely remember that during my first year at SCC college I was in the typing room working on a school paper and Jennie Cerrullo was talking to me about all her woes and how, you know, how sometimes guys make you feel like an "it," meaning not feminine, genderless, a pile of nondescript biological matter. (Although was it someone else who said that and I am mixing some things together?) So to be sympathetic to this idea I said that yes I understand how you feel, although the details of that might be different to her and than to me. Sometimes these platonic friendships can only go so far and then necessarily fall apart of their own weight due to diverging interests. And also now, many years later, the meaning also has other connotations unforeseen at the time. After college, Jennie went on to earn her Ph.D. in sex and is now able to teach advanced lessons on reproductive matters so obviously she has attained a very advanced understanding of these matters whereas I have not progressed in that direction, needless to say. I heard online that Jennie was trying to attach me to her personal cheerleader drama in which I am required to be jealous of that. So that was an interesting way to tell me about your alumni professional news. I actually wasn't thinking about you at all.