Sunday, January 13, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it is puzzling to see all of these Puerto Ricans clamoring about a port of entry. For what do I need a Puerto Rican port of entry, never mind that the territory's principal port is coincidentally named San Juan? Did you think that I was an inanimate object that must be registered by those guys out in the warehouse before you resell me and pass me along to the next bidder? Maybe I did indirectly overheard something vague about that.

Even so, upon returning to the United States after high school, the airplane landed at LAX in Los Angeles, where we were welcomed home by grandparents and aunts and uncles. What more evidence of a homecoming can there be? Yes, I suppose that if I really wanted to live in a territory I could always move to Yellowknife. But no, here I am in the country of my birth, the United States, and so I feel no need to belabor this point. Besides which I cannot imagine how I would begin to frame a question about such an bizarrely off-the-wall topic. Besides which the occupation of stevedore does not interest me. Yes, I really don't care.

Why can't John B. just eat his own vomit? I never would have noticed that if you weren't putting that out there. Even so, you cannot be seriously expecting me to  sacrifice my self-respect over that piece of nothing. Back in the day, you made me doubt myself, you made me feel like a buggy piece of garbage, but now I know that most of that was actually your mental problem, not only my adolescent angst and/or acute foot-in-mouth disease, which I had previously imagined to be the case.