Sunday, August 25, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, for a quite a while I thought that you were saying "Find ring, find ring!" Huh? What? "Findringen"? Is that really where the money is locked away?

Ummm, actually not. Notwithstanding those videos of Tolkien's creepy little monster, Gollum, now that I more closely scrutinize these curiously elaborate and nearly inscrutable capital letters of the German typographical script, which at first glance all look the same to me, I see that the word is actually "Eindringen" which translated means, according to the Collins online version of the dictionary:

1. (einbrechen)in etw acc eindringen to force one’s way into sthin das Land eindringen (military) to penetrate into the country2. (hineindringen)in etw acc eindringen to go into sth[Fremdwort, Amerikanismus] to find its way into sth3. (bestürmen)auf jdn eindringen to go for sb (mit with)(mit Fragen, Bitten etc) to besiege sb

Oh, ok, so, whatever. So? To plunge into the swimming pool? 

Now I am remembering that someone was making the point of how when you got married you pledged to get into the head of your spouse to figure out what makes them tick and how to please them, and how that brings along with it all of the junk of your in-laws and other friends and associations of your spouse. 

Ok, fine, no argument there. So? 

Myself not having a spouse, I have made no such pledge and I actually do NOT want to know more about all of the junk that might found in the head of your spouse and in-laws and other associates. I do not want to clutter my head with all of your junk. I don't need that. I already have enough problems of my own without all of your rusty nails that nobody wants.