Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it is somewhat annoying for me to hear often someone yapping in the background about how there is some person unknown to me who goes about calling himself Uncle Sam and claiming to be related to me. I already have enough problems without this unidentified person who sometimes identifies himself as Foursquare interference, other times as gobbledy-gook. Not to insult the Foursquare people, but we always were AG that I know of and what would you know about that when your messaging shows signs of not having a clue what that even means. And who has not seen those cartoonish pictures of the national symbol known as Uncle Sam in the textbooks on United States history? You cannot be him. You are not the symbol of national pride.

Oh, and now that I have done my genealogical research, I have learned that my grandmother actually did have a brother named Sam, who lived up in northern California, where he had five or six children, all of whom I have never met. I have no idea what their lives were about or whatever happened to them. Talk about a headache, don't be unreasonably asking me questions about these unknown persons. I just have no idea what their problem was and I really don't care so much that I should be bothered further. Why should I put my neck out to investigate them when they have not voluntarily offered a shred of evidence of their miserable existence?

My grandmother also had a brother named Joe, who is sometimes mentioned in great-grandmother's diary? He was a sad person. Joe seemed to have a lot of problems.