Friday, February 18, 2011

Stupid Marilynn

Yes, isn't Marilynn Kramer's book bad? I mean, there she is talking about her defection to Catholicism almost as if she never really knew what she ever believed or why. First her husband was attending what is described as a Nazarene college in Pasadena and then later they move to Springfield, Missouri, to join the Assemblies of God. "The Assemblies of God seminary would furnish a more complete education than possible at a college of another denomination of Southern California." Huh? There is a very good Assemblies of God college in Southern California, or at least there was. I don't know anymore. Well, maybe it depends on who you knew at college. I mean there is the low crowd, the losers who got off on the wrong path in college and never found their way back to the fold, and then there is the high crowd, the ones who got in early and think they know everything. I am not sure what you call the people who do not fit into these particular boxes. I know that I don't.