Thursday, January 23, 2014

Which Reminds Me

My mother said that Beverly Klein, now divorced from Richard, lives in Temecula, in a house stacked with magazines. Oh, I didn't know that. Sort of seems awkward to have Uncle Winfred's family running the show when actually they don't even know who I am and obviously don't care. They were wanting to revive my grandmother's issue of crushed rock but we already know how that went. Grandma was saying that although her mother gave the farm to Uncle Winfred because he was the one who stayed there and managed it for all those years after his father died, she still thought that perhaps her mother also might have wanted all of the Strickland children to benefit from Uncle Winfred's crushed rock business. After all, the natural gas was already an established royalty distributed equally among all of the seven or so Strickland children and their descendants. Why not also the crushed rock? But as my mother or someone says, Uncle Winfred being as shrewd as any Texas horse trader, seems to have entirely ignored my grandmother's commentary. Anyway, the farm, with all of its land appurtenances and bedrocks, was already entirely his by that time so it was not legally required that he share it with anyone, nor am I aware of any points of legal challenge to that point. It was just a comment that grandmother made at one time in a letter to Uncle Winfred because she was feeling perhaps personally shortchanged at the time for various reasons. I really don't know. I had completely forgotten about that, not being sure if I was ever aware of those letters that maybe David and Karen were going through, so am not particularly impressed with the Cranfords' scrambled memory chips. Anyway, no one was thinking of reviving that issue after all this time so we are really not appreciative of this extensive memory recall for no particular reason. Someone was saying that Uncle Winfred had another long-range plan for the farm. After the rock crushing operations should eventually peter out, he would fill in the rockless chasm with water to make a lake and build houses or some other type of development around the new lake. Maybe David said that. So whatever. All of the events of Weatherford, Texas, have no bearing in my life. The only thing that I might get would be a half-share of my mother's gas royalties after her death, which would not amount to enough to sneeze at, and which hopefully will be postponed for a long time yet. So there was never any expectation on my part of getting anything out of the Kleins and Cranfords. So all of these points are entirely moot. I am not interested in shooting  the breeze with persons of no interest to me when obviously their only intent is to deprive me of everything else that I might have ever hoped for. Obviously they are not planning to do me any favors now or ever. To them I am just another garbage obstacle to be disposed of on the way to doing whatever they want to do. That much at least is obvious.