Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I suppose I could try to remember which quotes from Ruben Darío were inscribed on the theater walls but I really don't remember. There was something about kissing and, so, whatever. What girls wants to pitch some stupid fit about kissing? We would not want some particular guy someday to think that we did not want to be kissed, needless to say. So we are not going to say anything specific about that. I just sort of know how those church people think. I noticed that they don't even have offer a Spanish literature program in their Spanish Christian university because maybe they feel that would be problematic for them for various reasons. They are not particularly impressed with those literary guys who spend a few years living like prodigals in Paris and then come back to America thinking they know everything. I really don't know very much about it, only heard some chatter on this topic out there in the ozone layer. Besides, we know that Ruben Darío was a modernist poet which means that he mostly ruminates on topics of romantic love and also Greek and Roman mythology. The modernists, feeling that Christianity placed too many restrictions on their preferred immoral lifestyle, looked to symbols of classical mythology as a universal language that would allow European cultures to understand each other without need of church. So it would seem sort of logical that the church people would not be particularly interested in promoting his sort of non-Christian poetry, not that he was not good at what he did in a modernist sort of way. I just sort of guessed that the theater walls might have been an issue there but I wasn't there so I really don't know specifically what happened.