Monday, August 31, 2015

Which Reminds Me

Yes, someone keeps reminding me of the photos that my Dad has among his slides of the making of brown sugar. Yes, I do remember that there are photos of the process of making brown sugar, how the sugar cane is placed in a container where it is crushed by the gear turned by the yoke of oxen who are going around in circles pushing the lever that turns the gear, until finally it is mashed to a pulp of molasses or brown sugar, perhaps lacking further refinement to become white sugar. Yes, I do remember seeing those photos. And I suppose that someone is saying that also may be used for an allegory of the way that brown people pretend to be so sweet while actually stabbing white people in the back because they feel themselves insulted in some way by comparison, even if we don't really know what they are talking about.