Saturday, June 11, 2016

Which Reminds Me

I don't know how you are expecting me to discuss something about Helen and Harvey when I don't even know that these people ever existed. No one told me anything about them. All the information I have about them now, I found on the Internet later, not exactly a primary source, or reliable, needless to say. Ok, so my grandmother on my mother's side was a Methodist, but that was 100 years ago. She died in the 1970s. So now you are telling me that Harvey and Helen were also Methodists, but their denomination collapsed and was merged into the United Methodists, of which I know almost nothing. So? My mother attended a Methodist church in her youth, but got saved later at an Assemblies of God church meeting, and my Dad also was raised Assemblies of God, so the AG is pretty much all that I know in a personal way. I don't feel any great urgency to discuss the reasons why the United Methodist is not a synonym of United Pentecostal, a question entirely irrelevant to my personal life. If you were going to pay me a salary to research these matters that would be one thing. But just to ramble on about issues of no concern to me would seem so ridiculous as to not merit a second thought.