Monday, June 13, 2016

Which Reminds Me

When I was in second grade in California, I remember that someone came to our school and presented a story about a bear and we were to supply an ending to the story. So each of us wrote a continuation of the bear story and turned it in, and maybe some were called to read theirs aloud in class. I don't remember what mine was or if I read mine aloud. I don't remember that, just that I was 7 years old at the time and that someone else in my 2nd grade class really hated my guts. Why else would they be reminding all these years later of the role that I played in the Thanksgiving play at school assembly, a rabbit, my costume a pair of pink paper rabbit ears? "Happy Thanksgiving" was my line, the very word that won me the Spelling Bee trophy, beating a 3rd grade boy whose name I cannot recall. Sorry but I really don't remember those people. They were always so mean to me so obviously I won't be stopping by later to renew acquaintances. I mean really, is there some reason why I should feel guilty about the Spelling Bee trophy on my shelf, just because you are too stupid to spell your own state of mind? I think not.