Sunday, June 5, 2016

Which Reminds Me

Yes, it might have been United Way that was our company's choice for donations to be automatically deductible from an employee's paycheck should the employee take that option, although I really don't remember. I don't know very much about United Way. They probably do some good things, and they certainly are huge, but like I said, I already give through my church and if I had extra money to throw around there might be some other organizations that I might prefer to donate to on my own. World Vision. Wycliffe. Teen Challenge. 700 Club. etc. etc. etc. There are so many non-profits out there competing for the extra dollar even though I tend to think that probably the Christian should give top priority to the local church as well. Otherwise we might have to leave the job of the church to the non-profits orgs, send in our donations online and sit home watching church on television on our own schedule, never having to go anywhere. So?