Friday, November 17, 2017

Which Reminds Me

It is well known that my mother had an Aunt Madge, who was my grandmother's youngest sister, and her husband was my mother's Uncle John. It is less well known that my grandmother also had a brother named John, although he is rarely referred to, and only as Uncle Cecil, called by his middle name. He died in 1966. One assumes that my mother's Uncle Cecil, who was married to Myrtle G. Smith b. 1896, probably has some descendants living somewhere on the planet although I have no idea where they might be. I never had any contact with those people and do not know one thing about them.

Yes, I suppose that genealogy research might turn up some informational tidbits, but even so I have no idea why I should care about that. Our paths have never crossed in all these years, so perhaps we will never know what happened to them.Tracking them down is not high on our list of priority tasks.