Monday, November 6, 2017

Which Reminds Me

Yes, I also remember that you were saying that you have a problem with this word "confidence." It really bothers you whenever I have "confidence" in myself or in anything that I believe or if I may express any opinion. You always try to make me feel worthless and wrong. So how do you reconcile your anti-confidence attitude with the Scriptures, especially the book of Hebrews, where confidence is a specific order.

Hebrews 3:6: "But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory." 
Hebrews 4:16: "Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews 10:19: "Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus,"
Hebrews 10:35: "So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded."
Hebrews 11:1: "Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."
Hebrews 13:6: "So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?”
Hebrews 13:17: "Have confidence in your leaders and submit to their authority, because they keep watch over you as those who must give an account. Do this so that their work will be a joy, not a burden, for that would be of no benefit to you."