Monday, September 30, 2019

Which Reminds Me

Yes, there has been some speculation about the ethnic origins of my great-grandmother. The question was whether her father was Ukrainian or Irish, and census documents might support either theory for all I know, and some persons were circulating false rumors about her being Jewish, but more recently comes the surprising news that my Dad is actually 9 percent Chechnyan. Although that is not very much, and myself inherited probably less than that because I could never look the part, where does that come from? Apart from the simple fact that Chechnya is somewhere near Ukraine, you could try to drive from Chechnya to Ukraine in a day, I don't really see how that happened. Perhaps some of our distant cousins will be disappointed to learn that the theories of us being part Jewish are actually not true. But then again the Ten Lost Tribes are always out there circulating everywhere. Who knows what other surprising and interesting puzzles may yet be revealed by all this extreme analysis?