Saturday, August 6, 2011

Henry Schmidt

Yes, during the short time that I washed dishes at the cafeteria I worked alongside a guy whose name I think was Henry Schmidt, a very uncommunicative, taciturn, cranky sort of guy with always a rather sort of twisted frown on his face. I do not think that we ever had anything that could be constituted as a real conversation, only exchanging what few words were absolutely necessary to communicate in order to get the job done and nothing more than that. It would be too hard to try to talk to someone who does not like me anyway and is always angry with me for existing on this planet and not being exactly the person they were expecting. So it is a big relief not to ever see Mr. Schmidt again because I just really don't care what happened to him after college graduation. Sorry if that sounds mean but here I pause to express my heartfelt sentiment, a genuinely sincere thought about Henry for whatever it is worth. Anyway, I seriously doubt that there ever was any connection between Henry and the Schmidts of the 1950 case in San Francisco. Just guessing although one should never jump to conclusions.