Monday, August 29, 2011

Second Grade

Yes, it is true that in second grade I performed in a school play. My role was that of rabbit. I wore on my head a little pink paper hat with rabbit ears and my line was "Happy Thanksgiving!" Yes, I performed this role very well. After all, it was the word "Thanksgiving" that won me the spelling bee, not that I would connect the play to the word. It's just that I remembered to put the "s" in Thanksgiving, unlike the third grade boy who lost the spelling bee. How traumatic it must have been for him to lose the spelling bee to a second grade girl. Still, I do not see why this matter would be of even remote interest to my high school classmates. Were they in second grade with me? I think not. Thus, it was odd that Kathy often dubbed me "Rabbit Ears," as if Kathy was still stuck in second grade there in San Bernardino. Who were those nasty classmates anyway who would harp on such a minor point in San Bernardino? I really don't remember who they were nor do I care what they think about anything. They are just sore losers, obviously.