Monday, August 15, 2011

Shocking!

I found it very shocking to be accused of stealing stuff that was leftover when Mom repacked and consolidated the barrel. Unbelievable that unnamed people would lodge these bizarre accusations. Not everything would fit in the smaller container. I am not sure why my Mom did that, perhaps because those people sent us the order and told us to help ourselves. I cannot imagine us just opening the barrel without being told to do so. I would have preferred that my mother just send the barrel on as it was without ever opening it but as I was told that I should take some things, I did. It wasn't like I would do that if I wasn't supposed to, obviously. People sent us stuff all the time that we did not really want and did not really need but we are supposed to learn how to be good receivers, to say thank you very much even though this is not what I really wanted and I would have been much better off without it, thank you anyway. My life would have been just fine without clothing provided by the Women's Missionary Council organization but it was so nice of them to have us on their list of dependent charity cases. We have to be so careful of the feelings of these gift givers who are always cluttering our lives with crocheted potholders and creatively embroidered hand towels and quilts and other stuff, not that any of that stuff was mine. It was all for my mother because she was the wife of a missionary. I am just an MK which means that after college I will be kicked to the corner to fend for myself if I cannot find a husband. So it is very scary to be an MK because I am trained to be dependent on the largesse of these people who really don't like me and then later the rug will be pulled out from under me and I will have no wings to fly. I will be just a caterpillar that never made it. So basically I am out of luck and there is nothing else to say about me. The sooner I die the better it will be for me because there is no future for me. I will be destroyed, as they tell me. I could have sent more thank you cards but on the other hand at this moment I am not feeling very grateful for nothing much.